Friday, November 20, 2009

Picture the Lesson Learned

I recently went through my files and files of pictures.  I'm one of those people that waits forever to print them.  So when I do, I usually print 300 at a time.  As I was going through them I started thinking not only about the memories that they held, but also about the lessons that I could learn from my children.  Kids have such a pure innocence to them.  Their faith in us and the world around them is enough to make any adult's heart skip beats.  If we listen and observe, we can learn a lot of life lessons from our children. 

Remember that old poster you used to read in the doctor's office all the time? "All I ever needed to know I learned in Kindergarten."  It's not really about the Kindergarten class; it is because that time in our lives was before we let the world's views interfere with us and our faith or confidence.  You see, I'm a firm believer that we already have the answers to our internal questions, if we will just be still and trust in the answers that we give ourselves.  The problem is, we let our own fears and insecurities get in our way of receiving them. 


So, anyway, back to the pictures... today I want to leave you with a few pictures that symbolize some simple lessons that we all need reminded of periodically.






1. Kick it in gear... you can break any barrier that gets in your way.



2. Don't be afraid to take a leap of faith. That's the best way to get to where you want to be.



3. Stop and smell the roses and see the beauty all around you.



4. Laugh a lot, be silly and enjoy life, even the messy parts.



Now, I challenge you to go through your own pictures and find some that will provide important reminders to you. Post them up around your home and then be open to the daily lessons that present themselves to you.



If you have children of your own, take a step back and allow yourself to learn a lesson or two from them. You’ll be amazed at what you can see in the face of a small child, if you look hard enough. And, you'll be surprised at what you learn... I know I always am!


Blessings,
Michelle


PS - If you like this article and would like to read more like it, you can subscribe to my newsletter by going to http://www.lonetreecoach.com/ and clicking on the tree button at the top of the page.