Monday, July 21, 2008

Dog Days of Summer

I think that the "Dog Days of Summer" can often get as daunting as the "Dead of Winter." It's been so hot here! But as I looked at my calender, I realized that summer vacation is almost over. My husband will be going back to work soon, and my oldest daughter will begin her first full year of school as a kindergartner. (The thought of her starting school makes me want to cry, but that of course is a whole other blog entry...I'll tell you about that later.)

Anyway, today I wanted to remind you to rev up your summer just in the nick of time. If you've been like me, you've been trying to catch up on all those little things that you've been putting off. (Yes, I'm still doing my spring cleaning!) However, I realized the other day that if you don't schedule fun into your planner or add playing onto your to do list, you just might never get it done. I think it's all too easy to let the routines of life get to you without making some great plans happen.

An example of this is that we've been telling our daughters that we were going to go somewhere fun all summer. And after my recent discovery, that the summer is almost over, I realized that if we didn't get a plan we would easily put it off till it was too late.

So, make a plan, make a commitment and make it to have fun! Enjoy these sweltering days of summer because all too soon, you'll be staring out the window at the snow and wondering where the days went.

Oh and by the way...we now have a little get away planned with our girls. It's on my planner and we are scheduled to have tons of fun!!!