Thursday, June 26, 2008

The End is Near...

Well it's finally here. I am leaving for the walk tomorrow morning. I'm a little nervous but mostly excited! I know I've said I'm doing this walk for my mom, but it's not just for her. I am sincere when I say that I am doing it for all of you too. I hope that by reading my blog and keeping up with me, you've gotten inspired to do something to better your lives as well. Whether it be exercising, eating healthier, getting that yearly physical you've been putting off for the last several years, or just being more aware, I hope I have inspired you to make change happen in your life. I have taken this journey because it was something that was in my heart. I was scared to attempt it because I thought I'd never raise the money, and now I have not only raised my required amount but exceeded even my own expectations. I wasn't sure if I could get the training in and now I feel like I am in great shape. And most of all, I didn't know how people would perceive what I was doing and the response has been overwhelmingly supportive. So, I just wanted everyone to know that when I'm out there walking, I will not only be thinking of my mom, my step-mom, my husband's aunt, and all the others I know who have lost their battle with cancer, but I will be thinking about all of you who have supported me and still have a wonderful life to live. Please take care of yourselves, and may God bless you in all that you do!