Thursday, May 15, 2008

Check it out!

I was recently faced with a bit of a health scare. And because I'm doing this walk, it was very apparent to me that prevention and being aware are extraordinarily important. Then strangely enough, I just spoke to one of my dear friends and she is going through a similar thing. As we talked, I was so proud of her because she is going to get everything checked right away. And we both discussed the fact that just because you don't know if it's there, doesn't mean it's not there. So I guess I want to take today's blog to remind everyone to get regular check ups. And be very in tune with your body. I was guilty of feeling embarrassed because I thought, if there was nothing wrong then I had been wasting my time and money but then I thought about how if my mom would have only wasted a little time and money in the beginning, she might be here today to enjoy her grandkids. Isn't that worth it? So, again, I urge everyone, get regular check ups, take care of yourself and don't be afraid to keep your head out of the sand...you can't find much good down there.